Friday 30 September 2016

First Marriage Then Love 《先婚厚爱》Chapter 40 Translation

040. Preparing to meet the in-laws



When it was noon and time for lunch An Ran practically ran towards the company cafeteria, randomly choosing any food and seats herself as she takes a big bite.

When she ate out with Lin Li last evening she only got to have a few bites, and the entire evening was spent being wrapped around by Su Yi Cheng. Plus this morning’s ‘morning exercise’ made An Ran sleep in; don’t even talk about skipping breakfast, she didn’t even think about it. Right now she was so famished she was dizzy. Just a moment ago in her office she had wanted to finish the final draft of the blueprint, but who would have thought that she was so hungry she felt like dying. There was no space in her mind for designing.

When people are hungry they really do find anything to be delicious. Before she had felt that the cafeteria’s food was tasteless, unpalatable and hard to swallow. Today An Ran was tardy but the food was especially appetizing, unusually delicious.

At this time, Su Yi Cheng’s call came in. An Ran was using all her attention to eat, so she didn’t even look at her phone as she picks up the call, “Hello, who is it?”

“How come you’re not home? I just called home but no one answered.” On the other side, Su Yi Cheng chuckles as he asks.

“Uh,” An Ran dazes out. She takes a look at the screen to see that the name is indeed his. Recalling last night and this morning, An Ran’s face unconsciously turns extremely red, when she spoke she also started to stutter, “I I I, I have to work today, and, and it’s not a weekend.”

“I left a note for you, you didn’t see it?” Su Yi Cheng asks.

“Note?” An Ran was puzzled, unsure what note he was speaking about? And where this note was?

On the other line Su Yi Cheng sighs, gathering that she hadn’t seen the brief note on the kitchen counter at all, and asks, “You didn’t eat breakfast this morning?”

Using her chopsticks to pick rice from her dish, An Ran mutters, “I, I woke up at 10, where would I have the time to eat breakfast.” Her complexion was slightly red, and her tone had a hint of complaint.

“Haha.” Su Yi Cheng laughs heartily on the other line, he seems to be in a pretty good mood.

An Ran felt humiliated from that laugh. Simply wanting to end the call, she awkwardly says, “You, you need something? If if there’s nothing then I’m going back to eat.”

Su Yi Cheng laughs, remembering last night and this morning. Indeed his own needs demanded too much, he hadn’t even considered that it was her first time. So thinking about it, he felt guilty, and honestly apologizes, “I’m sorry, it was my fault. I’ll be more careful next time, and won’t strain you like that.”

“I, I want to eat.” An Ran doesn’t want to be ashamed and distressed anymore, so she said that so she could hang up.

“Hehe, wait, wait.” Su Yi Cheng calls out before she hangs up, and says, “Wait for me at the entrance when you knock off. Tonight we’re going to the compound, my parents and grandfather want to meet you.”

“I, I can get there myself. I brought my car today.” An Ran declines. Going through last night and this morning, she doesn’t know how to face him anymore, just thinking about it made her feel embarrassed.

“You know where it is?” Su Yi Cheng laughs.

“Uh.” An Ran freezes, and only now recalls that Su Yi Cheng doesn’t even live with his parents at all, so she has no idea where his family residence is!

“Be obedient, wait for me at the entrance when you’re done. I still have some work here, so I’m going to hang up first.” He doesn’t even wait for An Ran to reply, as he apparently turns and says something to someone to his side, immediately hanging up.




“Special assistant Su, this document needs your signature.” Secretary Zheng hands the document over to him.

Su Yi Cheng puts his cellphone back into his pocket, takes the document from Secretary Zheng and examines it. It pertained to the proposed construction of the city hall building. Last week the municipal committee had passed the proposal, and this project was to be managed by him for now.

“Special assistant Su was talking with your wife just now.” Secretary Zheng asks as if he was psychic.

When Su Yi Cheng had told him that he was getting married he really was shocked; it was quite sudden. He was at Su Yi Cheng’s side for almost two years now, even so much that he hasn’t seen him court any woman. Even on normal days calls for appointments were few. That day he had suddenly told him that he was getting married, it truly did shock him. He had seen that woman once although she was not extraordinarily pretty, but she was abundantly delicate and graceful, quite classy.

Su Yi Cheng looks at him, nods, and confirms, “Mm.”

“In that case, when will Special assistant celebrate the wedding? I will notify everyone in advance to prepare hong bao (red pocket money) according to their group.” Secretary Zheng smiles as he speaks.

Su Yi Cheng grabs a pen and in bold, cursive writing, signs his given name, then he hands it back to Secretary Zheng, saying simply, “We aren’t planning on doing a wedding for the time being.”

“Oh.” Secretary Zheng looks at him baffled. According to his family’s name and status, is it alright to not do a wedding?

Su Yi Cheng picks up a document from the desk and looks at it, asking, “What time is the municipal committee meeting this afternoon?”

“Two thirty.”

Su Yi Cheng nods. This meeting, he reckons, will be about the science and technology city’s opening and construction. He looks at his watch. Su Yi Cheng stands up. Just a moment ago Mayor Wei had given him a call, and said that he will allow him a break, which he reckons has to do something about the meeting this afternoon.



Since it’ll be her first time to visit the Su household this evening and meet the family, An Ran was inevitably tense. When she went to the washroom after eating she saw the scarf around her neck, slightly dazed by it. Then she remembered that she had originally bought it to gift it to Su Yi Jiao. Thinking of that, she rushes to use her lunch period to go on a break and go shopping. At noon Lin Li gives her a call, asking for an old uni classmate’s number, saying that she came upon the former class leader on QQ. She said that it has been so long since they’ve graduated yet they haven’t done a class reunion, and that this year she was thinking of doing one.

If only Lin Li hadn’t called life would be better. This call made An Ran think of last night’s interesting pyjamas, and she still has the desire to kill.

“Lin Li, you bitch, gave me so much trouble. When have I offended you, I provided you good food and drinks, and also drove you home, you bitch how could you pay me back this way?” An Ran gnashes her teeth into the phone.

At first Lin Li was startled, asking innocently, “I’m just asking for a favour, how did I make trouble for you?”

An Ran squeezes her phone, staring at the people passing by in the mall. She lowers her voice and says, “So what were the things you gave me last night, tell me.”

On the other side Lin Li was frozen, then excitedly asks, “You wore it last night? How was it, did your Mr. Su turn into a werewolf?”

“You, you lower your voice,” Lin Li simply had a lion’s roar, almost damaged An Ran’s eardrum. She also feared that someone would hear, so she flees towards the mall’s washroom area. “I seriously want to slaughter you, you have no idea how awkward it was for me last night. I had no idea that you bought that kind of thing. My pyjamas fell into the water, so I actually asked him to hand it to me, you have no idea how much I wanted to die there. What happened after is pretty obvious.”

“Haha, An Zi you have to thank me. I thought that your marriage relations had already took a big leap into the incomparable, immense enjoyment!” Lin Li says proudly.

“F off, don’t wanna talk to you. I have to go buy gifts, next time I meet you see how I’ll deal with you.” An Ran says angrily.

“Uh, didn’t you already buy something yesterday?” Lin Li had remembered that An Ran had bought two scarves last evening, said that it was for her mother-in-law and younger sister-in-law for when they meet.

An Ran says hatefully, “It’s your fault.”

“Haha, looks like things got wild last night ha!” Lin Li starts to laugh.

“You wait and see, see how I will deal with you.” An Ran blushes intensely, saying a few things, then immediately hangs up. She turns around about to leave, but bumps into the person behind her right at that time.

“Ah, sorry.” An Ran automatically apologizes.



---END OF CHAPTER---


No comments :

Post a Comment