Friday 10 February 2017

First Marriage Then Love 《先婚厚爱》Chapter 58 Translation

058. Cold calls


Having someone with you, taking a stroll is actually quite a small happiness. The normally dull and slow time will go by in an instant. In fact, they didn’t walk that quickly, and the walk that would normally take half an hour, became 50 mins. However, since there were two of them, it didn’t feel like that much time went by.

Su Yi Cheng opens the door to go in. An Ran twists her neck. Once they entered she started to suddenly feel tired. She takes off her shoes, throws her bag on the sofa, and plants herself to the sofa. Someone from behind hits the back of her head, giving her vertigo. She was already caught mid-air.

“Ah!....”

An Ran cries out belatedly, instinctively reaching out to grab hold of Su Yi Cheng’s neck. She stares at him in shock, “You, what are you doing?”

Su Yi Cheng smiles evilly, and takes the chance to put his lips to her ears, and charmingly whispers, “I thought I should do something, so that you’ll remember that I’m your husband, and not your brother.”

An Ran had a bad premonition, and puts her hand between their bodies, smiling awkwardly, “I-I-I-I already know that you’re my husband, my super cool and super handsome husband.”

Su Yi Cheng shakes his head, and says seriously, “You think Song Seung-hun is more handsome.”

“N-no, actually I think Jang Dong-gun is much more attractive!” An Ran firmly states her position.

Su Yi Cheng laughs, “Really, in your heart I thought that I would be more attractive than those to two.”

An Ran had always felt that his smile was weird. It harbours too much evil intention. She bites her lips, and asks, “Um, then can I-can I change my mind now?”

Su Yi Cheng gives her an evil grin, lowers his head and sucks on her lip. He speaks into her lips, “Too late.”

For the entire night An Ran was tossed around, and in her heart his personal charms was off the roof, even so much that it overshadowed his maleness. When he was satisfied he lets her go, so she can close her eyes and sleep.


By the time An Ran had woken up it was already the next day. There was no one beside her, and the warmth of the spot beside her was gone. Usually around this time An Ran would feel anger and injustice, over why there’s such a disparity between a man’s strength and a woman’s strength. She struggled all night, and even in the morning she couldn’t go sleep, couldn’t wake up refreshed and on time. Obviously they’re the one doing more exercise!

An Ran lies down with her eyes open for 5 minutes, until she protested. Then she realized that it was past noon. She remembered that she still only has a rough draft, and miserably pulls herself to sit up. That movement made her muscle cramp, and she flops back down again onto the bed. An Ran stares at the ceiling, cursing at Su Yi Cheng a few times in her mind.

She drags her incredibly sore body into the washroom to take a quick bath, and comes out changed, only to hear that the phone in the room ring. An Ran picks it up on the way, “Hello, who is it?”

The other person on the line doesn’t answer, but she was certain there was someone on the other line, because she can hear that person’s breathing. It was somewhat hurried, as if the person was unstable.

Seeing that the other person isn’t answering, An Ran asks once again, “Hello, who is it?”

She can only hear the deep breaths of the person on the other line, then she finally hears a soft, gentle feminine voice, “I’m looking for Yi Cheng, is he there, may I ask?”

“Su Yi Cheng has already left for work, why don’t you---“ As An Ran was about to give Su Yi Cheng’s number to her, she suddenly thought of his status, and starts to think that this might not be appropriate. She quickly corrects herself, “Are you looking for him at some place? Is there business? I can pass on the message if it’s suitable.”

The person on the other line turns silent for a while, then chuckles. She softly says, “I’m Ling, I don’t want to trouble you. Just tell him, that I’m back.”

Hearing that, An Ran was a bit shocked, and immediately nods her head. When she finished nodding she realized that she was on the phone, and the other person won't be able to see it. Then she quickly says, “Alright, is there anything else you want me to pass on?”

The other line goes silent again, then finally says, “Anything else…? There is… Tell him that I missed him.”

Hearing that, An Ran started to feel off, she started to feel something indescribable. But she still nods and responds, saying, “Alright, I got it.”

When she hung up, An Ran sat on the bed blankly. She didn’t know who that woman was just now, but hearing her tone, she can tell that the relationship between her and Su Yi Cheng wasn’t a simple one. Could it be an ex?

As she was thinking about it, the phone in her bag that was placed in the living room starts to ring. An Ran quickly runs to get her cell phone. It was a call from Su Yi Cheng. She answers it.

“You up yet?” On the other side, Su Yi Cheng’s voice was carrying somewhat of a mocking tone.

An Ran’s face couldn’t help but turn red. She wasn’t in the mood, and was a bit pissed. “Isn’t it your fault.” It was only a harmless prank, but he suddenly….. Also, his morning exercises are bearing fruit; his physical strength is just astonishing. Maybe one day she will join him, so that she can catch up to him in physical strength, or at the least she won’t be tired to death.

On the other line Su Yi Cheng chuckles, but didn’t forget the purpose of his call. He asks in concern, “Have you eaten breakfast yet? I made a sandwich and put it in the fridge, remember to warm it up to eat.”

“Ok.” Hearing that An Ran turns around and goes towards the kitchen. She opens the fridge and there really is a simple sandwich inside it. She suddenly felt this warmth and sweetness in her chest.

“Were you on the phone just now?” He had called the home phone earlier, and didn’t expect it to be busy.

“Oh yeah, there was a woman who called the home phone. I’m supposed to pass on her message.” Speaking of that, An Ran recalled that phone call.

“Woman? What message?” If it were a friend, they would have called his cell. Rarely would they call his home. If it wasn’t a friend, how would a stranger know his home phone?

“She said she was Ling, and told me to pass on the message that she was back. Also, she wants to meet with you.” An Ran carries her message to Su Yi Cheng. The mission can be considered completed.

On the other line Su Yi Cheng suddenly went silent, and doesn’t respond for a very long time.

“Su Yi Cheng?” An Ran calls out. “You, you still there?” She can sense what his reaction was. It was probably what she thought it was. This woman called Ling, to him, should be someone who was special.

“Yeah.” Su Yi Cheng replies. “I got it. I called to let you know that there might be a work dinner tonight, and I probably won’t be able to come home early. Remember to make something for yourself, and don’t wait for me.”

An Ran nods her head, “Ok.” Because of his silence earlier she still felt uneasy. “If there’s nothing else then I guess I’ll hang up first.”

“An Ran.” Su Yi Cheng calls out to her.

“Yeah?”

“She was a friend of mine a long time ago, but because of something, we haven’t contacted each other in a very long time.” Su Yi Cheng starts to speak, at last explaining it.

An Ran spaces out, muttering, “Why are you tell me this…..” She looks down towards her slippers. It was something Su Yi Cheng had bought for her on the second day she moved in. It was pink, and had a kitty cat on the top. It was cute.

Su Yi Cheng chuckles. “I was afraid your imagination would run wild.”

“I, I’m not that bored.” An Ran couldn’t admit that she was just silently cursing him just then, but seeing him explain it that way, kinda felt like she was peeking into his secrets. She quickly says, “I, I’m going to eat the sandwich, after that I have to work on my blueprints, I’m hanging up.” Finishing what she said, she doesn’t wait for Su Yi Cheng to reply, and quickly hangs up.

On the other side Su Yi Cheng chuckles helplessly. He thinks of the message that An Ran had just passed on. That figure slowly starts to become clear. He frowns. He doesn’t think it’s necessary for him to meet her again.


---END OF CHAPTER---
Ugh, I'm so sorry guys. The chapter was quite long in the original text, and used a lot of complicated phrases. Obviously, I couldn't really understand them, so I just put what I thought it meant, lol. I'm either too tired or I just really don't understand it haha. I'll probably redo this chapter and the last during my break in two weeks, but I wanted to try my best to pump out a translation this week. Anyways, enjoy your Valentine's day~ New rival entering between An Ran and Su Yi Cheng dun dun dunnnnn 

2 comments :